SmartTrade partners with two worthy charities in the community.
SmartTrade and Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is an international charity that builds simple decent and affordable housing for the poor. Homes are built using voluntary labour, in partnership with the family that will one day own the home. The family that will own and occupy the home contributes 500 hours of “sweat equity” into building the house. Given many of our customers are trade related, Habitat for Humanity is an excellent fit for SmartTrade.
Ways you can contribute to Habitat
- Volunteer for one of their builds
- Sponsor a home build or A Brush with Kindness
- Donate materials and goods to, and shop at ReStore
- Be a supporting family for visiting overseas teams
- Prepare food for event builds
- Volunteer to build abroad on a Global village trip
If you think you may like to support Habitat for Humanity, please call us and we can put you in contact with them. Otherwise, visit http://www.habitat.org.nz